Verse of the day

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

All is in the plans

Today was the English debate competition and guess who we're against? SAB yes, Amminudin Baki, last years 2nd.
Our topic was "Outside learning is the best way to captivate the interest of students"
We took the role as government which we prepared all our notes on and I really thank God.
Well, everything went on normal until minutes after I sat down in front on the table where I started to get nervous...
That very moment I was praying so hard that God would give me the peace... but then peace was not there. Anyways I finishes 8 minutes for the debate as the first speaker and seriously I really sucked at it... At that time all I was thinking is "We're finished" all because of me...
But then the debate went on for around an hour or so... with our second speaker being the best but the other team still seems to be winning side.
So it was as though the debate was 3 against 1.
All I was thinking is all is lost...
We were at the point of hopelessness to win. Our third speaker too was not that good.
When the debate finally ended, we could see that the opposition were already shaking hands so confident that victory was in their hands while the judges went out to decide the winning team as the rest of us stayed in the room. That time the first thing I do was pray. I prayed something like "God let your will be done, let your glory be shown, let a miracle happen here, for you're God without limitations, and God I prayed that you will give us victory, Amen"

Then after like around 10 minutes or so, we were mixing around with the opposition when the judges finally came in.
The she gave a short comment on the debate saying she don't like this debate for so so reason.
Then the moment was there when the chairperson opened the result and straight away he looked at the opposition. I thought well, we had our try when he said the winning team is the GOVERNMENT. That time I was... not even sure that am I on the government or opposition when then I realized that jaw dropping result. I was like stunned forgetting about everything. I was so shocked that I could not believe what I heard.
This is the first time, our school went in from the first round of debate since when I joined Saint Gabriel and there was history, made by God.
All I really want to say is all Glory to God, and I was really touched and all I remembered was the quote from the movie I watched- Facing the Giants which goes something like -"God will give us victory all because He can" Yes all because He can, we had our victory all because He can.
I never want to forget this moment never in my life.

No comments: