Verse of the day

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Here starts the holidays

Its the first week of my holiday, and my school is having extra classes and I'm having tuition almost everyday...
Its just I'm in a holiday mood and not in a mood for so many programs related to "studies"
Well, thank God school is just for 1 week.

And yeah I received my Hillsong United: Tear Down the Walls album last week.
The musics are awesome, some really touched the heart.
Its by God such great musics are made ^^

Then I decided to dig out my pass year essay and I rewritten it in "word" format for my school's magazine and so I decided to post it here too ^^
Note: Its modified from the original 1 hour exam copy, and all character names are fictional and are not related to anyone in anyway or anyhow.
Story is inspired by the today's situation of the world, and some games and movies.

I hope its nice ^^

A Remnant of My Memories(Edited from my Form 4 last term exam)

The year is 2018; the biggest economy crisis hit the whole world in a flash. Stock markets were closed and money was simply worthless as paper. With crude oil prices rising to 800 USD per barrel, the U.S and Europe waged war across all the other continents and sparked World War 3. With an all out nuclear warfare at its horizon, Asian countries united to build the last remaining hope against the invading western onslaught.

The whole world was affected by the war, poverty and diseases everywhere. This includes Malaysia. Kuala Lumpur, the capital city of Malaysia, a once great city where the Twin Towers stood and known to the world is now just a remnant of its glorious pass, a pile of rubbles and debris with nothing, nothing left, a war torn wasteland.

Rumors have been spreading around the country about a safe haven where many refugees are going. The place was China and that is where I’m also going. I, like others, lost almost everything in the war, my love ones, my home, all that I had was gone and my life was the only thing that was preserved. I join others like me to find hope and a new home in China, rumored as the remaining last safe haven.

Our journey was via Thailand where trains are still in service heading to China. However, the only way from Malaysia to Thailand was by walking for all motor vehicles have ceased to work due to the insufficient fuel required for them to work. Its been a month since I’ve started my journey with others to Thailand and we are now close to the borders. This raised my hope after one month of walking with many incidents along the way.

Today is going to be final day of walking, because I’m now at the border toll, waiting for my turn to cross into Thailand. Suddenly, I heard gunshots from my back and everyone started panicking. Everyone started pushing each other to cross the borders. Then bombs and artillery shells started falling from the sky, bullets were raining everywhere. When I looked back, all that I saw was death and destruction, every time a bomb or shell exploded, death was sure to follow in its way.

Then during this desperate time, someone stumbled beside me, I helped her up and I was surprised to see a beautiful face just in front of me. However, she thanked me and continued on with the crowds. I lost sight of her in the crowds after that and I didn’t even get a chance to ask her name. As the sound of explosion and bullets got louder, I’ve forgotten about her as I struggle to cross the border. After a long struggle, I finally made my way across the border into Thailand but I kept running forward and I did not look back too see was going on but I know it was a massacre back there. I only heard screams, gunshots, bombs and shells exploding but it was enough to tell the whole incident behind me.

I continued to run until I heard nothing of those behind. Then I slowed my paced and continued walking with the crowds that survived towards the capital city of Thailand- Bangkok where the train station was. I walked the whole day and it was night when I reached the station with the crowds. The capital city- Bangkok itself was too in ruins like Kuala Lumpur when I had a glimpse of it before I enter the station. Then in the station, all that I see were thousands and thousands of refugees with the same fate waiting to board the train to China. From this situation, I know from what I saw that this is going to take some time before it is my turn to even have the chance to get on the train.

I surveyed the station and found a peaceful corner. I sat there like everyone else wondering about my fate and fell asleep. In the morning, I woke up and went to get some food supplied by U.N officers at the counter, it was packed. Then that very moment, I saw that face once again, I saw her. Just as I saw her, she too saw me; it was just as though we were fated to meet each other. I went over and introduced myself to her and it was then I knew her name. Her name was Sue. We got along and talked a lot together while we sat there by the corner having out breakfast. As we chat along, I thought to myself, it is weird that even in the worst of times, happiness can be found.

Well got along well after a few days, then one night, I decided to bring her out for something like a date. I bought her the open space just outside the station and we sat in the middle looking and pondering at the night sky. It was the happiest day in my life since the years. It is because of her, I looked at this world torn world in a different perspective.

The next morning, we heard there was a train coming and so we decided it was time for us to try to get on the train that day. I hold her hands and attempted to push through the crowds and to the platform. We waited there and a few hours later, the train finally came. Everyone was pushing towards the door when the train rushed into the station. We tried to push our way onto the train but then we got separated during the attempt. I manage to get on the train but she was left behind. I tried to open the door, but she said that it was ok and she would take the next train. I agreed to meet her and the station in China. Then as the train rushed out of the station, a light flashed through the sky and suddenly the was a great flashed of light that blinded my sight the very moment just as train left the city outskirts. At this sight, I fell down on my knees knowing that that was the last time I ever get to see her face. She died with the thousands of civilians that were left behind that very day. She and the times we had together will always remain in my memories.



End of story xD, comments are openly accepted
I feel when I write this story, I feel like the guy being left alone to live, rejected and alone.

No comments: